The following homeopathic remedies may assist in the relief of aches, pain, sprains, strains and injuries. Perfect for your homeopathic first aid kit, however, they may also be of benefit post-surgery from tooth extractions to extensive abdominal surgery. These remedies may be used individually or made up together in a complex. Some of these remedies make up my HomeoInflam Mix.
Arnica: (for more on Arnica – link to arnica article)
- Bruising to soft tissues, Injuries from blows, falls or blunt objects.
- Shock from injury, Concussion for the brain (first stages)
- Bleeding caused by injury, Black eyes, eye injuries
- Relieves soreness & bruised feeling following childbirth, illnesses, fractures & surgery – promotes healing.
- Soreness/bruising after tooth extraction or dental surgery (together with Hypericum for nerve pain)
- Sprains & strains from sport, including old injuries
- Useful for flu’s where the person feels battered and bruised
- For injuries to nerves.
- Puncture wounds from nails, bites or splinters.
- Smashed fingertips, nails or toes. Eye injuries.
- Pains shoot upwards from the wound, especially up the limbs. In spinal injury, pains move up & down the spine.
- Severe concussion of the brain & spine. Injury to the tailbone or coccyx.
- Bee stings if pains shoot upwards.
- Dental surgery including root canal work or extractions. Pain after surgery.
- Speeds healing after jagged cuts.
- For sprains (after arnica), especially of tendons.
- Helps in sprains of knees, wrists, ankles.
- Injured ‘bruised’ bones, eyes, rectum, periosteum.
- Painful bruised skin.
- Sciatica – worse lying down at night.
- Red, hot eyes. Eyestrain followed by headache.
- Deep aching.
- Dry socket, following dental extraction.
- Early stages of all inflammatory problems, including head colds, earache, cough, pneumonia, bronchitis, pleurisy & rheumatism.
- Fever with gradual onset – pale complexion with red cheeks.
- Hard, dry, tickling cough with painful chest & hoarseness.
- Throbbing headache that is better for cold applications.
- First stages of otitis.
- For skin irritations, rheumatic pain, shingles, problems with cold sores & mouth ulcers.
- Joint movement/pain. Irritability.
- Ailments caused by strain, lifting too many heavy items. Suffering from cramps, sciatica, stiff joints and rheumatism in cold weather.
- Pain is better for moving about.
- For marked muscular soreness. Lameness, as if sprained.
- First remedy for injuries to deeper tissues, after major surgical work
- Sprains and strains (with Arnica). All pains worse for cold wind.
- Joints sore, rheumatism.
- Injuries to nerves with intense soreness
A homeopathic remedy is applied by your symptoms. The diagnosis is not that important, it is more about what are your symptoms telling you! Then you find the remedy to match! Often, you will find more than one remedy in your symptom picture, so it is ok to take both. As you will see from the above remedies, they can cover symptoms you may have from arthritis, injuries, post-surgery, fibromyalgia and so on. There are many more remedies to choose from… Sometimes it takes a remedy or two to find yours!
Want to manage pain naturally – click here (book now)
Veronica, your favorite Brisbane homeopath
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms. Homoeopathy is a traditional medicine. Homeopathy may be used in conjunction with other medicines. For any ongoing chronic condition, it is important to be assessed or examined by your healthcare professional or specialist. Always seek medical advice in emergencies.
Click this link to read the disclaimer.