Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as Cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming aroma, Citronella essential oil is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products and is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials.
As a relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Its versatility makes it a great household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces.
Citronella essential oil uses
- Use in diffusers placed outside or near doors/windows to repel summer pests.
- Use Citronella’s bright scent to sweeten a custom fragrance or diffusion blend.
- Create a DIY floating candle bowl to create a peaceful ambiance and pleasant aroma during outdoor parties.
Classy doesn’t need to be complicated. This DIY floating candle bowl project will instantly transform your everyday backyard party or BBQ into an enchanting, fragrance-filled summer celebration. All it takes are a few odds and ends you likely have just lying around the house! Make a collection of these bowls and arrange them around the patio, then sit back and enjoy the relaxing glow and the warm summer scent.
• Glass bowl or container
• Decorations of your choice. You can use anything! (Lemon peels, orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lavender, rosemary, flower petals, river rocks, etc.)
• 20 drops Citronella essential oil
• 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
• 1 tablespoon witch hazel
• Water to top off glass bowl or container
• 1 unscented floating candle
1. Gather decorations and arrange in bowl. We recommend cutting them into two-inch pieces so they don’t bunch at the top of the bowl or cause it to overturn.
2. Add witch hazel, Citronella, and Lemongrass essential oil to the bowl.
3. Fill in the remaining bowl space with water.
4. After placing your bowl outside, top it off with the floating candle and light it to create a cozy, aromatic ambiance you and your guests can enjoy throughout the evening
Veronica, your favorite Brisbane homeopath
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms. Homoeopathy is a traditional medicine. Homeopathy may be used in conjunction with other medicines. For any ongoing chronic condition, it is important to be assessed or examined by your healthcare professional or specialist. Always seek medical advice in emergencies.
Click this link to read the disclaimer.